LANTRA Quad Bike
LANTRA Quad Bike Safety Course
The Quad (ATV) is widely used in agriculture and there have been some serious accidents because of operators lacking the skills required for its safe use. It is important for the operator to understand, utilise and maintain the machine correctly to ensure safe operation and reliability.
Their flexibility means they can work with a range of attachments, including trailers, sprayers and spreaders. That makes them popular across many agricultural businesses. But that popularity comes with the potential for danger. Without proper training, serious accidents can – and do – occur. Our course is aimed at learners with little experience of Quad riding.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.
Who Should Attend This Course:
Anyone required to use a Quad as part of their work. This would include novices and experienced operators who require their skills up-dating, with certification.
We’d recommend a 1 day course for experienced learners and a 2 day course for those with little experience. If you’re a complete novice, you may need longer to complete this course.
Participants are required to have each of the following:
- Personal Protective Equipment
Participants must also be at least 16 years old on the day of the course.
The training modules incorporated within this course are as follows:
Module 1: Accident prevention
Module 2: What is an Quad?
Module 3: Daily/safety checks
Module 4: Possible problems
Module 5: Route planning – risk assessment
Module 6: Familiarisation with instruments and controls
Module 7: Starting and stopping the machine
Module 8: Driving the machine – basic manoeuvres
Module 9: Ascend/Descend/Traverse safely
Module 10: Site Safety and Construction Vehicles
Module 11: Limitations of loaded ATVs
Module 12: Practical exercise.
Course Aims & Objectives:
The overall objectives of this course are to:
- Comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe practice
- Identify the risks associated with using a Quad
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Understand the main causes of accidents
- Identify the controls and components
- Understand the function of all instruments
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s manual
- Carry out appropriate pre-start checks
- Identify and report any faults
- Start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
- Carry out a risk assessment and plan the route
- Operate the Quad safely on a variety of slopes and terrain
- (full course only)
- Identify loading/towing capacities
- Drive with loads and trailed equipment (full course)
- Load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate)
- Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road
- Identify track profile and weight transfer
- Load and unload machine from trailer/lorry (if required).
The expected duration for the course is one day, however, please note this may vary according to factors such as level of experience, modules or attachments selected, or the ratio of Instructors to Learners.
Written assessment as set out by LANTRA.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a validated Certificate, which remains valid for 3 years.
Book Your Seat Today!
Get In Touch
Should you have any questions about the full range of courses offered, please ring us or complete the contact form with your query and we will be in touch asap.
Killeenleagh, Kanturk, Co. Cork P51 Y6H3
(+353) 87 225 2465