Manual Handling Training Course
Our Manual Handling Course is suitable for all business operations that involve the handling of loads, manual handling training is delivered under the Health and Safety at Work, General Application Regulations 2007.
HSA Define Manual Handling as a physical activity that takes place in every workplace, and in some cases the activity does not pose a problem. However, it can be a potential workplace hazard when an employee is required to handle very heavy loads, which could result in a back injury.
Who Should Attend This Course:
All personnel who are involved in the movement of loads.
Practical modules dealing with different types of Load:
- Lifting from the floor
- Lifting from the table
- Lifting from low to high
- Handling sacks and drums
- Pushing and pulling
Course Aims & Objectives:
The overall objectives of our Manual Handling Course are to:
- Explain briefly the functions of the body parts involved in manual handling and how they can be injured
- List typical manual handling risks and injuries
- Explain how to personally risk assess typical manual handling tasks in their workplace
- Describe the components of task-specific manual handling risk assessments in their workplace
- Describe the 8 principles used in manual handling techniques
- Demonstrate safe manual handling techniques based on the 8 principles
Practical assessment and feedback on examination.
Successful candidates will be issued with a Certificate of Competence in Manual Handling Training.
Get In Touch
Should you have any questions about the full range of courses offered, please ring us or complete the contact form with your query and we will be in touch asap.
Killeenleagh, Kanturk, Co. Cork P51 Y6H3
(+353) 87 225 2465