LANTRA Tractor Driving & Arm Mounted Flail Cutter
LANTRA Tractor Driving & Arm Mounted Cutter Equipment
This course covers the safe driving of a tractor, pre-use maintenance and safety checks and recognition of controls and instruments. During the assessment, the tractor is to be driven safely and correctly around a suitable course (including reversing with a trailer). The course can also cover trailer hitching and attaching 3-point linkage, PTO driven attachments & front loader.
Who Should Attend This Course:
Our course is suitable for both new and experienced users of cutting equipment. You’ll either be an experienced tractor driver or have attended a tractor driving course.
Some elements of the course are not suitable for learners under 16 years of age.
Participants are required to have each of the following:
- Personal Protective Equipment
The training modules incorporated within this course are as follows:
Module 1: Accident prevention
Module 2: Controls
Module 3: Daily/safety checks
Module 4: Driving
Module 5: Mounted implements
Module 6: Automatic hitching systems
Module 7: Trailed machines
Module 8: PTOs
Module 9: Field planning
Module 10: Practical exercise.
Course Aims & Objectives:
The overall objectives of this course are to:
- To be able to carry out a risk assessment.
- Enter and leave the cab safely.
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation.
- Understand the function of all controls.
- Understand the hazards associated with some controls.
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner.
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction.
- Leave the tractor in a safe state.
- Understand the reasons for daily checks.
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state.
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a mounted implement.
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a trailed implement.
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state.
- Correctly attach a PTO shaft between tractor and implement.
- Attach the PTO shaft guards correctly.
- Assess the minimum turning circle of the machine and the angle of the PTO shaft.
- Carry out basic operations using tractor-mounted loader.
The expected duration for the course is 1 day for experienced participants and 2 days for novice participants, however, please note this may vary according to factors such as level of experience, modules or attachments selected, or the ratio of Instructors to Learners.
Written and practical assessment as set out by LANTRA.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a validated Certificate, which remains valid for 3 years.
Book Your Seat Today!
Get In Touch
Should you have any questions about the full range of courses offered, please ring us or complete the contact form with your query and we will be in touch asap.
Killeenleagh, Kanturk, Co. Cork P51 Y6H3
(+353) 87 225 2465